Antique Heart Pine - Old Face
Old Face Antique Heart Pine highlights the true natural beauty and character of reclaimed material. Rugged in appearance, this product maintains as much
original surface as possible. Features on this material include old saw marks, patina, tool marks and years wear-and-tear.
Technically a softwood by classification, Heart Pine is only slightly less dense than Red Oak (the standard in hardwood flooring). Heart Pine trees grow slowly, only about 1" in girth each year. This gives your wood flooring great strength. Sometimes the growth rings can be so densely packed you can barely distinguish one annular ring from its neighbor. How cozy!
- Specie: Pinus Palustris (aka: long leaf pine or heart pine)
- Janka Rating: 1225
- Thickness: milled 3/4" for flooring, thicker material available
- Widths: random widths 3" - 9", wider widths available
- Lengths: random lengths 1-1/2' - 12'
- Grade: sound material, reclaimed
- Kiln Dried: Absolutely!
- Solid Wood or Engineered: solid wood
- Lumber Source: typically originating from early American architecture
- Coating Options: available uncoated and pre-coated, custom colors and coatings available: VOC free oils, stains, tongue oils, etc.
- Character: knots, nail holes, color variation, oxidation, variety in grain pattern
- Texture: skip planed or 100% old face