Ipe decking is one of the most desired decking materials on the market. A tropical hardwood originating from Central and South America, this species takes
the prize in durability and lifespan. Sourced responsibly from reputable suppliers, Excelsior offers a superior Ipe product perfect for your project.
To top it off, our material is pre-sanded, allowing for quicker installation and finishing; win, win! Decks made of Ipe are low maintenance, dense, rot resistance, and stunning in appearance. Ipe is widely used on a number of famous boardwalks, standing the test of 25 years plus of heavy foot traffic! Ipe decking will add value to your exterior living space, as well as the resale value of your home; this decking is an investment worth making.
- Specie: Ipe (Brazilian Walnut, Lapacho)
- Janka Rating: 3684
- Thickness: 4/4, 5/4, 8/4 available (contact us for larger thicknesses)
- Widths: 4”, 6”, 8”, 10”, 12” available in most thicknesses
- Lengths: 8”, 10”, 12” available in most thicknesses Lengths:
- Grade: pre-sanded, clear product, sound material for decking uses
- Kiln Dried: Air Dried
- Solid Wood or Engineered: Solid
- Lumber Source: Sourced from New York state, origin Central and South America
- Coating Options: Available un-coated or pre-coated; custom colors available
- Character: Color varies from relish brown, to yellowish brown, to dark blackish brown. Grain/Texture:
- Texture: Fine to medium texture, straight to interlocked grain.