Reclaimed Alaskan Yellow Cedar siding and paneling products are unique in origin and appearance. Harvested from NYC water towers, characteristics of this material inclue banding marks, mineral streaks deposited by the water and a stunning patina left by decades of exposure to sun rays. Along with its beauty, this rare wood species is light, easy to work with and resistant to decay and insects.
Used most often for siding and interior paneling, this reclaimed product brings a texture and rus glow unlike any other. With the ability to use the raw natural faces or to pre-finish with a custom coating, this versatile material will capture any spectators envy.
- Specie: Alaskan Yellow Cedar
- Janka Rating: 580
- Thickness: milled 3/4" for paneling
- Widths: random widths 3" - 6"
- Lengths: random lengths 1-1/2' - 12'
- Grade: sound material, reclaimed
- Kiln Dried: Absolutely!
- Solid Wood or Engineered: solid wood
- Lumber Source: dismanteled NYC water towers
- Coating Options: available uncoated and pre-coated, custom colors available: VOC free oils, stains, tongue oils, etc.
- Character: knots, dowel holes, variation in color and grain pattern, cracks, tool marks, stains, band marks, erosion, patina, etc.
- Texture: sun exposed face (rough, grey), water exposed face (smooth, brown) and new face options are available.