Western Red Cedar Decking
Western Red Cedar (WRC) is an excellent choice for exterior uses, such as siding and decking. WRC is lightweight, easy to work with, and is naturally resistant to moisture, decay and insect damage. This species has a beautiful warm grain and the ability to take a variety of coatings (stains, primers, and topcoats).
Decks made of WRC are beautiful, traditional, and have a long lifespan compared to competing decking materials. Composite deckings are appealing with their low maintenance quality, however, these man-made materials can release harmful greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere. WRC decking is a renewable and biodegradable material, that actually removes harmful greenhouse gasses from the air! Also unlike composites, wood decks come with the ability to refinish, allowing for color changes and easy touch-up options for pesky scratches.
(cover image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danebrian/2532123705/in/photostream/)
- Specie: Western Red Cedar
- Janka Rating: 350
- Thickness: 4/4, 5/4 (contact us for larger thicknesses)
- Widths: 6”-12”
- Lengths: 8’-20’
- Grade: CVG, A &Btr, C& Btr, Select Knotty, Knotty
- Kiln Dried: Kiln Dried
- Solid Wood or Engineered: Solid
- Lumber Source: Sourced from New York state, originating Pacific Northwest US and Canada
- Coating Options: Available un-coated or pre-coated; custom colors available
- Character: ranges from pink red, to yellow red, to brown red depending on grade
- Texture: ranges from straight vertical grain, to cathedral grain patterns, to knotty appearance based on grade