White Oak - Character Grade
Character Grade White Oak is the essence of rustic elegance. This grade of white oak is warm and inviting, allowing room for sound knots and natural character to shine. Appropriate for casual and formal areas, this material is a classically beautiful choice for both residential and commercial settings.
Naturally durable to withstand wear-and-tear, oak is the most common species for flooring applications. Nicknamed at Excelsior as chameleon wood, white oak takes a variety of stains and oils. From sun-bleached gray to honey tones, and even rich ebony, white oak flooring pairs exceptionally with almost any space.
- Specie: White Oak
- Janka Rating: 1360
- Thickness: milled 3/4" for flooring, thicker material available
- Widths: random widths (3" - 9") and consistent widths (6" and wider) are available
- Lengths: random lengths 1-1/2' - 12', minimum length requirements available
- Grade: character
- Kiln Dried: Absolutely!
- Solid Wood or Engineered: solid wood
- Lumber Source: new wood harvested using responsible forestry practices in NYS whenever possible
- Coating Options: available uncoated and pre-coated, custom colors available: VOC free oils, stains, tongue oils, etc.
- Character: sound knots, variation in color and grain pattern.
- Texture: skip planed or smooth